
I thought you might like to see the view from my room! This isn't the most ideal weather for a photo, but that's normal. Actually these are really bad photos as it turns out. You can't even tell that you're looking at the London eye (above on the left) and also Big Ben right next to it. You can definitely tell in real life. Oh well, sorry my camera isn't so great!

If you can see those black awnings on the white building, that's this very cute coffee shop I like called 'Le Pain Quotidien.' They have delicious coffee/croissants and free wireless internet and it always feels nice and toasty inside. Also my roommate's friend Steve insists on bringing us their delicious brownies all the time. I swear, I've never had a better brownie.
I'm glad you pointed out the London Eye because I wouldn't have caught it otherwise. (Still trying to find Big Ben). Your camera is just fine so please post more pictures.
ReplyDeleteYou may (or may not) be interested in knowing that there is a Le Pain Quotidien in New York City not far from Carnegie Hall. Try the brioche as well as the croissants and get the soft boiled eggs if you're splurging!. I didn't realize it was an international franchise.
One (more and not necessarily the last) word of advice. The British Museum has minimal heat and the room where you find the Parthenon Sculptures has no heat whatsoever and is frigid in the winter. So unless you visit soon before the weather turns, don't don't check your coat. (Needless to say the Parthenon sculptures are a must see, right up there with the Scuola di San Rocco!)
Love, Kevin
Hahaha I knew someone would call me out on the fact that le pain quotidien is a chain. A Courtauld student told me yesterday and after I was going on about how I like it...how disappointing. Anyway, I will definitely make it to the British Museum soon...maybe even this weekend since I have a friend (from Wellesley) coming to visit and I imagine she'll want to see the marbles. Thanks for the advice!
ReplyDeleteJenny, a nice pub--not too far from the British Museum--is The Lamb. It's on Lamb's Conduit Street. It's a 10 minute walk. It's near Mecklenburg Square. Look at the Assyrian stuff at the British Museum, too.
ReplyDeleteI want to know what was REALLY in them brownies!
ReplyDelete