Sorry for not posting very much lately! I've been really busy these past four works with school work and my family visiting and whatnot. My last two essays are due this coming week and I haven't really started writing either of them...whoops! This morning (in attempt to procrastinate even more) I went to Camden markets with some friends. It was really cool and I can't believe I hadn't been before now. I wish the same sort of vintage/market scene existed in the states. I went to brick lane markets a couple weeks ago and it took all of my self-control to not buy anything. I wasn't so responsible today and ended up coming home with a vintage fur coat-sorry animal lovers-which i'm in love with! I'm sort of worried I'll get back to the states and realize all of my changes in style will be out of place. I think you can get away with a lot more weird stuff here and I like that! Also, things that are considered fashionable here, i.e. long skirts, doc martins, and fur are often considered super weird at home. I think I'm pretty committed to British fashion though...it's just better.
I guess the biggest thing that happened recently was my family coming to visit for Thanksgiving. It was nice to get to do a few touristy things and to be taken out to nice meals (although I'm sure my dad will remind me that I complained about all the eating we did when he reads this). Here are some pictures from the visit!
These two are from our visit to the V & A. I just love that Chihuly piece.
We went to see the royal ballet do Sylvia choreographed by Ashton. First act was good...the rest was weird.
Walking to the mall (after seeing the Cabinet War rooms)
Apparently Andy knows some cool dance moves.
For some reason I only have pictures of me and Andy...Katie and Mom took all the family shots.
Hazy view from the London eye (near the end)
Shopping stop in Covent Garden (Freed of London)
I've also had a few friends visit me from other parts of Europe. Molly Finn (Wellesley friend) came from Bologna, Molly Eckel (also a wellesley friend) came from Paris, Hannah Moshier (my Wellesley sophomore roommate) came from Aix, and Alex Guynn (friend from home) came from Ferrara last Sunday. I love showing people around my neighborhood and school...both a pretty charming if I do say so myself. Unfortunately I tend to forget my camera most of the time but here a few pictures from Molly Eckel's visit. As you will see, we made it to the wonderful British Museum:
British Museum!
The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy. I'm going to Edinburgh with a friend next weekend and after that I'm spending about four days in Paris! Sorry I don't have time to report more and Ken--I'm going to try to make it to some churches this week!! I also want to make it to the Wallace collection. Oh! and I have tickets to see a play called Birdsong next Friday which is a WWI love story (I think Kevin recommended it in which case it has to be good). I can't believe I'm leaving London so soon....do they have clotted cream anywhere in the states?
No comments:
Post a Comment