So I've been in London for a couple nights now. I haven't really posted because they haven't set up the internet in my room yet. I just figured out I can use the internet in the common room on the first floor. It's actually taking me forever to write this post because I am in a room full of u of c students and of course they are talking quite a bit. In case you don't know, I'm technically here as a part of their housing program...anyway, they're pretty friendly for the most part. My dorm (which is basically an international house) is in Chelsea which is the most unbelievable neighborhood. It's kind of an issue actually because I'm right on King's road...the 15 minute walk from the Sloan Square tube stop is full of beautiful and terribly expensive boutiques and I keep having to resist going in to try on all of the perfect pairs of black flats. It's become my dream to live around here. The houses are adorable, there are so many cute little bakeries and shoe stores, and everyone dresses so well! The place is so cute that I don't even mind when it rains...which is often. The view from my room is fabulous. I can see the London Eye and I think big ben...probably other important things but I don't know what they are yet. Yesterday I wandered around for awhile and walked to the famous Saatchi Gallery which is ten minutes away (oh my god!!!). If you read art news you'll know that Saatchi just gave his entire collection to the public so that's pretty exciting! Today I took the tube to the Courtauld to get a feel for my daily routine and see if anyone was around. I couldn't see much unfortunately because apparently this weekend is London Fashion Weekend which takes place in somerset house. Anyway, on the way back I finally found a copy of this guide book I've been looking for. It's called the Blue Guide and it focuses on London's museums and galleries.
Anyway, I'm pretty excited to be living here but I think I need to cut this blog post short because all the people in the room are distracting me and I'm starting to get a headache. More London updates to come of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment